By Skye | @living_the_blessed_life_
We were lucky enough to be discharged from hospital 4hrs post-birth with Harper & spent our first night together at home with the entire family. Whilst I plan to do the same this time around, nothing is certain & I’d rather be over-prepared than under-prepared when it comes to my hospital bag.
So what’s in my bag you ask? I’ve broken the list into items for mama & items for baby.
Labour… I used a diffuser loaded with essential oils during Harper’s birth & found them so helpful & relaxing in birth suite. This time I have packed my ‘Baby Time’ @thelittleblendco roller, as well as a Clary Sage & Lavender Blend to add to our @livelylivingaustralia diffuser. I’ve packed my beautiful @bloomwithbirth affirmation cards & @tinymoons massage oil to use during labour. I spent most of Harper labour being massaged so I envision it being similar this time around. I’ve also added in a few satchels of @aquamamma electrolytes to keep me hydrated throughout.
Adding to this I have saved my favourite pregnancy relaxation meditations on my phone along with headphones & my portable wireless speaker.
Post-Birth… So many followers recommended mama nappies- haha, So I’ve bought them, along with Maternity Pads, Witch Hazel in a spray bottle (honestly the best relief for each toilet trip). I’ve packed Hydrogel Nipple cream & my @BodyIceWomen Penerium strip & breast cooling pads, as well as post-birth bath tea from @ which helps with contracting your uterus for a faster recovery. I couldn’t help but pack some delicious @milkandcookiesbyjewels lactation cookies for those first few days when my milk comes in too! Yum!
Then there’s the practical stuff which I’ll be grabbing last minute & throwing into my bag… Camera, Phone, Charger, Cash, Snacks, Lip Balm, & Toiletries.
– Nappies… We were given a heap of newborn nappies at my baby shower, I’ve decided to pack the @rascalandfriends ones & eco wipes.
– First outfit… When I saw this outfit at the beginning of my pregnancy I knew I had to buy it for the new babes announcement. It’s a @rorandwild newborn gown, with a tie-bottom & matching beanie.
– Baby Clothes… I’ve packed both 0000 & 000’s in case our growth ultrasound isn’t accurate- Harlow didn’t fit into Newborn clothes at all! I’ve included multiple sets of singlet suits, full-length suits, Wondersuits, socks & beanies.
– Announcement Photo Props… I’m hoping to be able to capture birth announcement photos at home but just in case we’re in hospital I’ve packed my @astonblue milestone ‘hello world’ disc & name plaque from @funnybunnykids!
– Swaddles & Blankets… I’ve packed all of my favourites, in case of poo & spew!
– Capsule, ready to transport bub from the hospital room all the way home!
& I think that’s it! Here’s hoping we can avoid a long hospital stay & be discharged with a similar situation to Harper- but if not I’m organised to make it through the first few days! Anything you think I’ve missed- let me know!
We hope you enjoyed this blog post by Sky. To learn more about our BodyICE Woman Breast Pads and Perineum Strip click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.