Supercharged Scrambled Eggs Recipe
You’ve gotta love eggs! They offer a range of health benefits and are a great source of protein. Eggs contain an abundance of vitamins including D, B6, B12, A and E, as well as being packed with iron, zinc and phosphorous minerals.
There’s so much to love about them, and in addition to offering so many health benefits they are also super versatile to cook with. Eggs can be used at any mealtime, from breakfast to lunch to dinner or just for a quick and easy snack.
This supercharged scramble recipe is simple, easy and tasty, and also provides a great boost after exercise because it’s rich in protein and potassium. So get cracking!
Prep Time: approximately 5 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 5 minutes
- 2 – 3 free range eggs
- 1 x teaspoon freshly grated turmeric (or ½ teaspoon ground)
- 1 x teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 x tablespoons coconut milk
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 x teaspoons olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Crack eggs into bowl and whisk with turmeric, chia seeds, sea salt, pepper and coconut milk until combined. Set aside
- Add 1 x teaspoon oil to pan over medium heat
- Add spinach and lightly sauté until wilted, then remove from heat
- Heat the remaining oil in pan over medium heat and pour in egg mixture
- Gently stir until eggs start to set
- Add wilted spinach and stir through
- Serve immediately – try it topped with a delicious superfood pesto (see recipe following). Yum!
- ¾ x cup fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- ¼ x cup kale leaves (stalks removed)
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 x teaspoon garlic
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ x cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend on high until completely smooth