5 Favourite After School Snacks
Kids need a lot of fuel to keep up with the amount of activities they do throughout the day! Snacking not only healthy keeps their metabolism moving, but will also provide kids with that extra boost they need to keep going. When they get home after a busy day, keep those grumbling tummies at bay with one of our healthy, delicious after school snacks!
Healthy rainbow gummy squares
- ½ cup of natural juice of each of the following colours:
- Orange: carrots and oranges
- Green: cucumber, green apple and green grapes
- Purple: blackberries, grapes and beets
- Red: strawberries and red apple
- 2 tbsp. of unflavoured gelatine powder (for each juice)
- 2 tsp. of raw honey (for each juice)
- You may use a juicer to get the juice out of the fruits and vegetables.
- Put each juice separately in a pan and set it to simmer, add the gelatine powder and leave it simmer until dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and add the honey.
- Stir until completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular container.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Take out of the refrigerator and use a knife to cut it into little squares.
- Keep them cool.
- 1 whole wheat slice of bread
- 2 tbsp. ricotta cheese
- smoked salmon (cut in very thin slices)
- 2 tbsp. shredded cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a toaster to toast the slice of bread
- After toasting it, spread the ricotta cheese on it
- Set the smoked salmon on top of the ricotta cheese
- Set the shredded cucumber on top of the salmon
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Chia and Apple Pie Pudding
- ½ cup milk or almond milk if you prefer
- ½ cup of water
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Peel and grate the apple
- Add milk, water, shredded apple, peanut butter, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl, and stir until combined
- Add chia seeds
- Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours
- Green and red apples
- Cinnamon to taste
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven at around 12o degrees Celsius (or your lowest temperature)
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
- Cut the apples in thin slices and remove the seeds
- Put the apple slices on a cooking sheet over waxed paper
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture on all the slices
- Bake for 1 hour
Choc Banana Smoothie
- 200ml milk (your choice of Cow’s milk, Almond milk, etc)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. You can add more or less milk depending on how thick you like your smoothie. Drink immediately or keep it in the fridge for up to 12 hours (you will need to shake it up before you drink it though).
If you´re planning on leaving the house for a couple of hours, and you would like to take these delicious snacks along, make sure you don’t forget your BodyICE Kids gelpacks to keep them cool. Perfect for lunch boxes!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.